From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Inconsistent and messy layout of team maintainership in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:41:16
1 On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-09-17, o godz. 17:19:17
3 > Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> Replying somewhere randomly with an idea.
6 >>
7 >> Since projects are now on the wiki, why don't we use that as the
8 >> canonical source of project members? It's machine readable, although not
9 >> so nice to have it located outside the repo/ldap.
10 >
11 > How about... because:
12 >
13 > 1. You can't list developers who are not subscribed on the wiki. I've
14 > asked for some solution multiple times, and so far people are just
15 > INVALID-ating the bugs and pointing fingers. Of course, it could be
16 > partially related to the fact that we still don't have any SSO for
17 > Gentoo services, and have to ask people to sign up manually everywhere.
18
19 I'd have to dig up whether we actually took a vote, but I'm pretty
20 sure the council doesn't consider this a problem. If people want to
21 contribute, they can sign up for the wiki. It isn't like it is one of
22 those even non-FOSS tools.
23
24 However, I think the rest of your concerns are valid, especially the
25 concern about being able to include non-devs on aliases (whether you
26 consider them "members" or not). I don't have a problem with asking
27 them to sign up on the wiki, but we'd need to change the templates/etc
28 so that they can still be listed somewhere on the project. And of
29 course somebody has to build it.
32 Rich