From: "Árni Þorvarðarson" <arni@××××××.is>
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] min RAM to get Gentoo working
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:01:54
1 Hi there
2
3 I heard about you at linux.org and used the link to your web site.
4
5 I have lookt at the installation instructions but it is not mentiond what is
6 the absolout minimum amount of RAM. The reasone for my question is beacause
7 I have some old systems (486 dx2 with only 16mb of RAM) and I would like to
8 try Gentoo. I have tried out RedHat and Slackware so I have some knowled in
9 Linux, but regarding Gentoo, then i like the idea of your package system
10 better, and that is somthing I find that could be better in Linux. My idea
11 is that it should be a standard package system that works on all distros.
12
13 p.s. Do Gentoo support icelandic in consol like RedHat?
14
15 Best regards from Iceland : )
16
17 Arni