From: Matthew Kennedy <mbkennedy@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] a preempt patch lament
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:32:05
1 On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 22:14, Bruce A. Locke wrote:
2 > Anyone know if some kind soul is maintaining a preempt + tested XFS
3 > patch? With the dozens of different kernel trees these days someone has
4 > to be doing something like that :)
5
6 After playing around with a few patch sets, I think I'll move back to
7 gentoo's 2.4.17-r4 and wait for SGI to create a 2.4.18 patch set for XFS
8 (should be out any time). Then I'll apply the preempt patch to that and
9 see what happens. I too can't live with out that preempt patch... can't
10 imagine how I lived before it.