From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A User's View of the Code of Conduct
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:01:33
1 M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2
3 > And that's precisely because a whole generation of RHCEs knows *exactly*
4 > where everything is on a Red Hat or Fedora system, and Gentoo puts
5 > everything somewhere else. :) If I were an RHCE, I'd have just as much
6 > trouble customizing and tweaking a Gentoo (or Debian) box as you would
7 > on a Fedora system. I know ... I've flunked the dang RHCE exam *twice*
8 > for that very reason! :) It's about repetition, muscle memory, rote
9 > learning, etc. -- not about Red Hat being "better" than Gentoo or the
10 > other way around.
11
12 Well, FWIW, those poor guys have to deal with RPMs.
13
14 'Nuff said, IMHO.
17 --Kumba
20 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
21
22 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
23 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list