From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal for flag-o-matic.eclass (append-ldflags)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:59:53
1 On Sunday 14 December 2008 16:39:17 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I am seeking a positive code review on the following change to
4 > > flag-o-matic.eclass, diff is below (reasons are below that):
5 >
6 > Er, cancel that. The proposed patch isn't robust enough to catch
7 > something like "append-ldflags -Wl,--bad-flag"
8
9 sounds like we need a test-flag-LD() func that can go the extra mile
10
11 > As such, we will leave
12 > it local to Gentoo Prefix until we can come up with a better idea.
13
14 stick it behind userland_GNU ? i dont mind extending append-ldflags in such a
15 way, but the "pro" you listed originally (protect users from typos in ebuilds)
16 isnt a pro in my book -- it should fail.
17
18 i.e. something like:
19 append-ldflags() {
20 use userland_GNU || set -- $(test-flag-LD "$@")