From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal for flag-o-matic.eclass (append-ldflags)
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 02:13:22
1 On 28-08-2009 16:08:59 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > > As such, we will leave
3 > > it local to Gentoo Prefix until we can come up with a better idea.
4 >
5 > stick it behind userland_GNU ? i dont mind extending append-ldflags
6 > in such a way, but the "pro" you listed originally (protect users from
7 > typos in ebuilds) isnt a pro in my book -- it should fail.
8
9 basically we would need something like "linker_GNU", since all Prefix
10 arches have userland_GNU set to true
11
12 at some point we did stuff like grepping for GNU in ld -v output, but
13 that's expensive, and it makes probably more sense to do some CHOST
14 matches with known configurations then, handling the obvious cases
15 (--{no-,}as-needed etc.)
16
17 > i.e. something like:
18 > append-ldflags() {