From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Script to make list of ebuilds without $Header$
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:55:58
1 On Wednesday 15 August 2001 21:43, you wrote:
2 > On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:25:48PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > > Why don't we add two lines as the 4th and fifth line:
4 > > > # $Header$
5 > > > # ****** DELETE ANY BROKEN HEADER LINES, PLEASE *****
6 > >
7 > > That's easy enough to do. As long as we're sure that the 4th/5th line is
8 > > always the correct position. Can someone think of a problematic case? Do
9 > > I get the "go-ahead"?
10 >
11 > Please just start fixing them manually. I don't want you clobbering the
12 > Portage tree with sed. Use scripts in a limited fashion for those ebuilds
13 > *with* valid comment areas.
14 Hm, I can't do anything today, but tomorrow I just might write a script that
15 calls cvs log on files found and lists Header-less ebuilds by author (last
16 commiter). Than it'd be organized.
22 Dan Armak
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
24 Matan, Israel