From: Leho Kraav <leho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Is it possible to ignore / override parts of binpkg environment locally?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 00:12:13
1 Hi all
4 Scenario: I'm developing yet another bootstrapping process for whatever
5 reason. Let's say the project needs some changes made to user.eclass. I
6 make the changes, set eclass-overrides, do my test bootstrapping run,
7 build all the packages.
8
9 Then on the binclient, it turns out something needs more work and I have
10 to change user.eclass some more.
11
12 Do I now always have to rebuild all the packages to get the new changes
13 to user.eclass included? I'd really like to just ignore the environment
14 file coming with the binpkg and the let the local system determine
15 pretty much everything. Then I could just build the packages once and
16 continue developing on binclient.
17
18 Option B is if I could just make a list of functions that cannot be
19 overriden by later binpkg environment import. In this case egetent,
20 enewuser, enewgroup. My preliminary experiments with "declare -r" or
21 "readonly" in /etc/portage/bashrc didn't really succeed, probably
22 because the processes during binpkg emerge are not related or I just
23 don't know the right way to do this. It appears in the beginning, some
24 stuff runs from the binclient environment, then everything gets switched
25 to binpkg environment, then final cleanup happens again in binclient
26 environment.
27
28 Ideas?