From: Colin Kingsley <ckingsley@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package sub-categories, directory performance, and benchmarking
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:50:20
1 On Tuesday, November 16, Karltk writes:
2 > Many (most?) of these are written in bash, a language with the several
3 > remarkable features, one of them being that writing recursive functions is a
4 > pain.
5
6 This is one more problem that would be avoided with a flat package
7 repository right?
8
9 Furthermore, I have a hunch that a flat structure would make it easier
10 in the future to move to a multiple repository system, a la debians
11 numerous apt repositories. I only mention this because I've been told
12 its one of our goals, I could be mistaken.
15 Colin
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list