From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multi hash support in portage - status
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:49:41
1 On Thursday 24 November 2005 09:32, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 01:04:32 +0100
3 >
4 > Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Ok I have three modifications that are pending to go into portage:
6 > > - The first simply enables creation of SHA1 checksums (and others if
7 > > implemented like with the second mod), if you want to try it yourself
8 > > see the attached patch.
9
10 Looking through CVS, this was supported in at least portage-2.0.51_rc10 right?
11 This implies that the only versions that will have problems are 2.0.50-r11
12 and under? If so, they've already got the cascaded profile problem so
13 breaking things a little more won't hurt much. ;)
14
15 Seriously though, those that can't handle the new format would have to do
16 what? Regenerate digests for sandbox and portage and then emerge each of them
17 with --oneshot? Am I missing anything else there?
20 Jason Stubbs
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list