From: Kevyn Shortell <kevyn@×××.com>
To: dmertens@×××.nl, gentoo-dev@g.o
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:47:49
1 The list is to discuss functions relating to security itself, how do you improve your system those kind
2 of things. warnings relating to security. anyone can post questions to a list.
3
4 Your gentoo system, is as secure as you the builder of that box, set it up to be. If you emerge 'unsecure'
5 things, then you'll have an less than secure box.
6
7 So how does a public mailing list for discussing security issues or announcements, have any bearing on the actual security of a product?
8
9 Kevyn
10 ----- Original Message -----
11 From: "Dave Mertens" <dmertens@×××.nl>
12 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
13 Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 1:40 AM
14 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Spam on gentoo-security mailing list
17 > Can someone please tell me how it is possible to send SPAM over a security mailinglist!
18 >
19 > I just received over the gentoo-security mailinglist a spam for a ISP in Argentina. I hope for you guys that the gentoo-security list is moderated, otherwise i have serious doubts about the security inside the gentoo distro..
20 >
21 > With best regards,
22 >
23 > Dave Mertens - Unix Systems Manager
24 >
25 > Innovative Solutions in Media BV
26 > Schiekade 101
27 > 3033 BG Rotterdam, Netherlands
28 > T +31-10-2436060
29 > F +31-10-2436066
30 > http://www.ism.nl
31 >
32 > Quality Solutions - Reliable Partner
33 > ^f)+-ց ^(m+-( j)fj b? ���^