From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:40:05
1 On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 06/17/2016 07:05 PM, Brian Dolbec wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Then everyone PLEASE stop referring to the Gentoo ebuild tree as
5 >> portage. Reserve portage for the upstream PACKAGE MANAGER.
6 >
7 > indeed
10 Agree, though this wasn't the sense I meant it in (in case there was
11 any confusion).
12
13 1. There is the Gentoo Repo (which I always try to describe using those words).
14
15 2. Then there is the sys-apps/portage package in the Gentoo repo.
16
17 3. And then there is the portage upstream that occasionally makes
18 releases that end up as #2.
19
20 It is between 2-3 that we need to distinguish here.
21
22 I agree with the suggestion that context is sufficient already.
25 Rich