From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X plans
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:28:41
1 On Tuesday 09 August 2005 15:03, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > Let me follow up with that I'm all for adding the use flags IF other
3 > packages would make use of them as well. I just really hate adding 8 local
4 > use flags for this pretty heavily used package that won't add much utility
5 > to anything else and will add a bit of headache to making sure Qt is
6 > installed with all of the bells and whistles the end user wants. :)
7
8 I strongly dislike your indeed heretic idea of stepping back from
9 deterministic dependencies as well. On the other hand I don't see why you
10 should support these optional dependencies, when you feel you can't or it
11 doesn't make sense. Just add them as hard dependencies. Non-issue imho. :)
14 Carsten