From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X plans
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:08:17
1 > Yep, you're a heretic. :)
2 > How would you propose that DEPEND information make it's way up the
3 > portage stack, and ultimately affects the depgraph?
4 >
5 > What you're suggesting is effectively "suggested" deps, which are a
6 > bit backwards considering we have "optional" deps, the 8 flags you
7 > dislike :)
8
9 Let me follow up with that I'm all for adding the use flags IF other packages
10 would make use of them as well. I just really hate adding 8 local use flags
11 for this pretty heavily used package that won't add much utility to anything
12 else and will add a bit of headache to making sure Qt is installed with all
13 of the bells and whistles the end user wants. :)
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list