From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:30:45
1 No. LICENSE="GPL-2 some-exception" suffices. That said, we suck at our
2 licensing information badly. E.g. every single ebuild linking against OpenSSL
3 has (or at least needs to have) a linking exeption. We don't flag this
4 anywhere. More important, what's with optional dependencies!? We don't
5 support
6
7 LICENSE="GPL-2 ssl? ( openssl-exception)"
8
9 style LICENSE content at all iirc. Similar for all the patent-encumbered
10 multimedia libs, which can't be distributed as binaries, but are not blocked
11 by some bindist feature flag or so.
14 Carsten