From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Eigen and GPL-2 exception - is a new licence required?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:57:48
1 On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 02:27:43PM +0200, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > No. LICENSE="GPL-2 some-exception" suffices. That said, we suck at our
3 > licensing information badly. E.g. every single ebuild linking against OpenSSL
4 > has (or at least needs to have) a linking exeption. We don't flag this
5 > anywhere. More important, what's with optional dependencies!? We don't
6 > support
7 >
8 > LICENSE="GPL-2 ssl? ( openssl-exception)"
9 >
10 > style LICENSE content at all iirc. Similar for all the patent-encumbered
11 > multimedia libs, which can't be distributed as binaries, but are not blocked
12 > by some bindist feature flag or so.
13 >
14 License follows the same syntax as DEPEND. See
15 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/variables/index.html#license.
16
17 Regards,
18 Bryan Østergaard