From: "Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy" <pclouds@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] i18n project
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:42:58
1 On 6/10/06, Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o> wrote:
2 > So, let's rephrase it a bit. The following items represent my view about
3 > the i18n team's responsibilities:
4 >
5 > a) Translation of metadata.xml stuff in our tree (Is there any method to
6 > keep them up-to-date when the English text changes? Something like
7 > "revision" attribute that gets bumped when the English text gets updated?)
8 Keep only English in metadata.xml. Using tools such as intltool or
9 xml2po to extract strings and let i18n translate/maintain .po files
10 themselves. Generated .mo files will be included in metadata directory
11 when rsycing. Another portage hack to use .mo files in metadata
12 directory instead of plain English if locale variables is not C.
13
14 But that's just part of the problem. What about strings inside ebuild?
15 --
16 Bi Cờ Lao
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list