From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage QOS
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 15:49:34
1 On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Igor <lanthruster@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > According to distro watch:
6 >
7 > ...
8 > According to Linux Counter
9 >
10 > ...
13 "What are distro watch and linux counter and who cares what their opt-in
14 stats gathering says?"
15 -most Gentoo users I've ever talked to
16
17 I think if you drop the premise "Gentoo is dying, how do we fix it?" and
18 just focus on "Here are some ideas on how we can improve Gentoo", you'll
19 get a better response here. From what I see (IRC activity, new ebuild
20 activity, bugzilla activity, etc), our community seems stronger than ever.
21 I think a lot of us are puzzled that you think Gentoo has "stopped".
22
23 You have some great ideas but this is not a sinking ship scenario.
24
25 -Ben