From: Igor <lanthruster@×××××.com>
To: Ben Kohler <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage QOS
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 16:12:06
1 Hello Ben,
2
3 Thursday, January 9, 2014, 7:49:28 PM, you wrote:
4
5 True, thanks for noting that.
6
7 > "What are distro watch and linux counter and who cares what their opt-in stats gathering says?"
8
9 > -most Gentoo users I've ever talked to
10
11 > I think if you drop the premise "Gentoo is dying, how do we fix
12 > it?" and just focus on "Here are some ideas on how we can improve
13 > Gentoo", you'll get a better response here.  From what I see (IRC
14 > activity, new ebuild activity, bugzilla activity, etc), our
15 > community seems stronger than ever.  I think a lot of us are puzzled
16 > that you think Gentoo has "stopped".
20 > You have some great ideas but this is not a sinking ship scenario.
25 Best regards,
26 Igor mailto:lanthruster@×××××.com