From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replacing cpu-feature USE flags
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:28:42
1 On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:12:51 +0200 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 | On Thursday 06 July 2006 22:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > You're not going to give in gracefully, huh? Ok, I'd like to ask the
5 | > council to declare that abusing CFLAGS in the manner proposed in
6 | > this thread is a very bad idea.
7 |
8 | If you finished the proper arguments, the next one will be that it's
9 | all a cabal of infra against you, I suppose.
10
11 No, Diego. The argument is that you're coming up with a horrible and
12 unnecessary hack where there are far cleaner alternatives, and that
13 you're blindly sticking to it and trying to throw off any objections by
14 devious means because you don't want to scrap said hack after all the
15 misguided effort you've spent on it. However, since you seem to be
16 incapable of admitting the gaping flaws in your own work, I'm asking for
17 someone else to point this out to you in a formal manner rather than
18 watch this thread go on for even longer.
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list