From: Benjamin Gramlich <benjamin.gramlich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-wireless/ipw3945{,d} needs your help
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:06:30
1 I'd be willing to maintain it.
2
3 Benjamin Gramlich
4
5 On 9/9/07, Christian Heim <phreak@g.o> wrote:
8 > As some of you may know, I'm the sole (well, seemant is supposed to help
9 > too :P) maintainer of the above package. The problem with it is simply
10 > that
11 > it's closed source (at least the regulatory daemon and the ucode).
12 >
13 > The package itself is hopefully going away when iwl3945 is finally
14 > useable.
15 > Until then, this package _still_ needs someone who is willing going to
16 > maintain it. I already fixed most of the bugs in bugzilla, but it still
17 > needs
18 > some more work.
19 >
20 > I haven't had hardware in the first place, and only took it over from
21 > Hendrik
22 > (brix). So unless someone steps up in the next week or so, this package is
23 > going to get reassigned to maintainer-needed since I absolutely have
24 > _ZERO_
25 > interest in maintaining it any longer.
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 >
29 > Christian
30 >
31 > --
32 > Christian Heim <phreak at gentoo.org>
33 > GPG key ID: 9A9F68E6
34 > Fingerprint: AEC4 87B8 32B8 4922 B3A9 DF79 CAE3 556F 9A9F 68E6