From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Dan Podeanu <pdan@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] some portage related issues
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:28:16
1 On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:10:16AM +0300, Dan Podeanu wrote:
2 >
3 > Thank you Patrick.
4 >
5 > Fyi, one example of crashes using gcc-3.3.2: creating a large amount of
6 > files on a tmpfs filesystem (10.000 pictures) under constant load of 40+
7 > will unvariably crash the box. With gcc-2.95.3 everything is fine and so is
8 > with no load on the box.
9 >
10 > I would report it as a 'bug' to LKML if I thought it was a bug.
11
12 That is a bug. Please report it. Either it's a compiler bug, or a bug
13 in the kernel code, odds are it's a kernel issue that needs to get
14 fixed, and you are just getting lucky with a different version of the
15 compiler.
16
17 thanks,
18