From: Allen Parker <infowolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-apps/mambo dispute
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:32:14
1 On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:06:42 -0500, Corey Shields <cshields@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Friday 17 September 2004 12:58 pm, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 > > Anyone want to comment on this?
4 > >
5 > > http://www.literatigroup.com/versusmambo/
6 > >
7 > > I'm open to suggestions about what action (if any) the web-apps herd should
8 > > take.
9 >
10 >... SCO has been threatening the same thing with
11
12 I vote no action. Scare tactics have been tried before. Didn't IETF
13 just shoot down a msft proposal that would give them IP leverage? I'd
14 consider this the bluff of an enterprising little person that should
15 be thrown in jail for perjury.
16
17 "7. Robert Castley, Mambo Project Manager, 8/17/04 shifts
18 responsibility for the matter to users of Mambo OS. He said, "Mambo
19 can not be party to any disputes between individuals or companies
20 concerning the use of Mambo.""
21
22 translation: someone pissed in my wheaties and i'm going to sue the
23 world to get a new box. It seems like they're threatening mambo users
24 without any proof/grounds. When the first lawsuit flies and gets shot
25 down, I'll laugh. Mambo is GPL. If these guys honestly had any claim
26 to any code/idea/whatever they should have done something about it at
27 the time instead of a year later.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list