From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-apps/mambo dispute
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:06:14
1 On Friday 17 September 2004 12:58 pm, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Anyone want to comment on this?
3 >
4 > http://www.literatigroup.com/versusmambo/
5 >
6 > I'm open to suggestions about what action (if any) the web-apps herd should
7 > take.
8
9 I'd say no action at all... SCO has been threatening the same thing with
10 regards to the Linux kernel code, yet we do not have a disclaimer on it or a
11 Sun JDK style "grab it yourself" block.
12
13 If they start slinging successful lawsuits, then that becomes a different
14 story. But for now, I have to assume that he has made a website and
15 fabricated a legal threat. I would give equal weight to the argument that
16 the Mambo team makes on their behalf[1]. So, until something actually
17 happens, I don't think we should do anything. Just my $.02
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 -C
22
23 [1] -
24 http://mamboserver.com/The_News/News/Statement_regarding_Furthermore.com/
27 Corey Shields
28 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team and Devrel Team
29 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
30 http://www.gentoo.org/~cshields