From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:31:09
1 Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > Forever.
3
4 Too long for the not infinite space in the server/mirror
7 > Gentoo releases mean absolutely nothing, they do absolutely nothing.
8 >
9 Beside adding some profiles, deprecating and removing others, provide an
10 updated installation media...
13 > The news should stay until the upgrade occurs
16 If they are delivered by portage they will be rsynced back to their
17 original form. I guess that the news could be removed as we do for the
18 ebuilds. (in this case about once the versions related to the news got
19 removed more or less).
20
21 lu
26 Luca Barbato
27
28 Gentoo/linux Developer Gentoo/PPC Operational Leader
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list