From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use GLEP27!
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 14:48:19
1 On 12/14/15 12:06 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 07:49:42AM +0300, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
3 >> Hi!
4 >>
5 >> Ok. Since there is GLEP27 we should make it reality. To do so i think we
6 >> should
7 >> 1. Have some list of system uid/gid (on wiki for example). Also we need
8 >> to agree on uid/gid numbers for services
9 > This database was already started, prior to GLEP27.
10 > In CVS, you want gentoo-src/eid_database/
11 >
12 >> 2. Add uid/gid from list to existing ebuilds
13 >
14 >> 3. Make a repoman (or may be eclass) check, that will no allow to commit
15 >> ebuilds with enewuser enewgroup calls with undefined uids
16 > I think in the original discussion, there were concerns that there were
17 > cases where this was going to be valid. I think this check needs to come
18 > later, after we rule those out. It should however start to warn about
19 > them ASAP.
20 >
21 >> 4. Make some script or howto to migrate to determenistic uids/gids from
22 > Much of the work was implemented for GSOC2006, "Creandus" by
23 > developer pioto.
24 >
25 > Cardoe did more work on it later on.
28 I'll try to find what I did but at one point I had the database of
29 uid/gid updated to include everything in the tree. I had some patches
30 for enewuser/enewgroup to not allow them to do anything unless the ids
31 were in the database.
32
33 Sadly, its been a long long time. But I still would love to see this
34 happen. There just wasn't much interest from everyone in making this happen.
37 Doug Goldstein