From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Use GLEP27!
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 06:06:13
1 On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 07:49:42AM +0300, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Ok. Since there is GLEP27 we should make it reality. To do so i think we
5 > should
6 > 1. Have some list of system uid/gid (on wiki for example). Also we need
7 > to agree on uid/gid numbers for services
8 This database was already started, prior to GLEP27.
9 In CVS, you want gentoo-src/eid_database/
10
11 > 2. Add uid/gid from list to existing ebuilds
12
13 > 3. Make a repoman (or may be eclass) check, that will no allow to commit
14 > ebuilds with enewuser enewgroup calls with undefined uids
15 I think in the original discussion, there were concerns that there were
16 cases where this was going to be valid. I think this check needs to come
17 later, after we rule those out. It should however start to warn about
18 them ASAP.
19
20 > 4. Make some script or howto to migrate to determenistic uids/gids from
21 Much of the work was implemented for GSOC2006, "Creandus" by
22 developer pioto.
23
24 Cardoe did more work on it later on.
27 Robin Hugh Johnson
28 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85