From: Wout Mertens <wmertens@g.o>
To: Sir Percival <sirperc@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Introduction to Gentoo Development Teams and Processes
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:41:22
1 [Original message omitted for brevity]
2
3 Some points:
4 - I agree that the gentoo-core mailing list archive should at least be
5 publicly browseable
6 - For devs with a day job, just keeping up with gentoo-dev and gentoo-core
7 is a real chore. I appreciate the fact that there is a gentoo-core mailing
8 list for people who are really committed to gentoo and know the ins and
9 outs of the system.
10 - Gentoo is, despite what its popularity might suggest, still in the
11 babycradle. It's going places fast, but it still needs to go there. I
12 think we simply aren't ready yet for a more open development process with
13 voting and whatnot, but that will come.
14
15 Of course, that is just my opinion :)
16
17 Wout.