From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo beeping at me!
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 02:25:30
1 maillog: 25/11/2004-19:19:27(+0000): Ed Grimm types
2 > On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
3 >
4 > If you really think that in-line docs are ugly, use vim(1), and
5 > automagically fold them out of your view (:help foldexpr, although this
6 > can be set to happen in the eclass syntax file). I suspect that most of
7 > the people who only occasionally work with the eclasses, and those who
8 > are just starting to use the eclasses, would find them more useful than
9 > ugly.
10
11 I have nothing against in-line docs in general. I simply had trouble
12 imagining it in the bash case.
13
14 What about using perldoc itself? Simply prepend every doc line with a
15 '#', then run
16
17 awk '/^#/ { sub("#",""); print }
18
19 on the file and pass this output to perldoc. This has the advantage of
20 having the necessary tools at hand already, so that no extra tools are
21 needed for the docs.
24 \ Georgi Georgiev \ A lot of people I know believe in positive \
25 / chutz@×××.net / thinking, and so do I. I believe /
26 \ +81(90)6266-1163 \ everything positively stinks. ti -- Lew \
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list