From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo beeping at me!
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:17:53
1 On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:25:10 +0900 Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
2 wrote:
3 | maillog: 25/11/2004-19:19:27(+0000): Ed Grimm types
4 | > On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
5 | >
6 | > If you really think that in-line docs are ugly, use vim(1), and
7 | > automagically fold them out of your view (:help foldexpr, although
8 | > this can be set to happen in the eclass syntax file). I suspect
9 | > that most of the people who only occasionally work with the
10 | > eclasses, and those who are just starting to use the eclasses, would
11 | > find them more useful than ugly.
12 |
13 | I have nothing against in-line docs in general. I simply had trouble
14 | imagining it in the bash case.
15 |
16 | What about using perldoc itself? Simply prepend every doc line with a
17 | '#', then run
18 |
19 | awk '/^#/ { sub("#",""); print }
20
21 In bash? How would that work?
22
23 Here's another possibility:
24
25 # {{{ doc
26 # whatever format we decide upon
27 # blah blah blah
28 # }}}
29
30 Doesn't screw up normal comments, really easy to find and process, easy
31 to turn into folds in the editor :)
34 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
35 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
36 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm