From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] custom portage sections?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 06:41:39
1 On Monday 13 May 2002 15:46, Bob Phan wrote:
2 >
3 > Personally, I feel an even more elegant way to solve this, that would
4 > benefit more than just custom categories, is to allow CONFIG_PROTECT
5 > to contain individual files as well directories, which is very simple
6 > to implement.
7
8 For this particular problem, I feel a CATEGORIES variable is more appropriate,
9 since this will allow new categories to be taken into account. Protecting
10 files is a good solution for other profile related problems.
13 > It would also be nice to be able to un-protect files and
14 > subdirectories of protected directories, but that probably wouldn't be
15 > as simple to implement.
16
17 That is possible, there is a mask variable (I don't recall the name)
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Junior Researcher