From: Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, torokhov-s-a@××××××.ru
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experimental binary package hosting
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 08:19:54
1 On 22/09/2021 09:58, Torokhov Sergey wrote:
2 > I have repos configs placed into /etc/portage/repos.conf with
3 > "rsync-type = git" fo all repos
4 > so I created binhost.cond file here instead of /etc/portage/ as
5 > mentioned in blog post.
6
7 binhost.conf should be in binrepos.conf instead of repos.conf. See also:
8 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide#Pulling_packages_from_a_binary_package_host
9
10 > Then I tried to sync and got warnings:
11 > ...
12 > !!! Section 'binhost' in repos.conf is missing location attribute
13 > !!! Repository 'binhost' has sync-uri attribute, but is missing
14 > sync-type attribute
15 > ...
16 > So it seems it's dosn't sync with binhost index without location attribute.
17 > After setup location attribute to specific directory I got warning on
18 > sync trying:
19 > !!! Repository 'binhost' has sync-uri attribute, but is missing
20 > sync-type attribute
21 > !!! Repository 'binhost' is missing masters attribute in
22 > '/usr/local/portage/binhost/metadata/layout.conf'
23 > !!! Set 'masters = gentoo' in this file for future compatibility
24 > I tried to set up "rsync-type = rsync" or "webrsync" with "amsters =
25 > gentoo" but then I got error:
26 > !!! Repository 'binhost' is missing masters attribute in
27 > '/usr/local/portage/binhost/metadata/layout.conf'
28 > !!! Set 'masters = gentoo' in this file for future compatibility
29 > So I created /usr/local/portage/binhost/metadata/layout.conf :
30 > masters = gentoo
31 > auto-sync = false
32 > thin-manifests = true
33 >
34 > So then on sync I got:
35 >    The current sync-type attribute of repository 'gentoo' is not set to
36 > 'rsync' or 'webrsync':
37 >    sync-type=git
38 > ----
39 > Is it currently git sync available for binhost?
40
41 A binhost is different from an ebuild repository, it is just a
42 collection of .xpak files so there is no git sync involved.