From: Torokhov Sergey <torokhov-s-a@××××××.ru>
To: Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experimental binary package hosting
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:19:24
1 Thanks! I never used an external binhost repo so mislead myself.
2
3 Now I see that it's like a remote analogue of "/usr/portage/packages"
4 and tarballs from remote binhost are fetched on demand into "local binhost"
5 ( /usr/portage/packages/<category> ) before installation with replacing early presented tarballs.
8 > binhost.conf should be in binrepos.conf instead of repos.conf. See also:
9 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide#Pulling_packages_from_a_binary_package_host
12 > A binhost is different from an ebuild repository, it is just a
13 > collection of .xpak files so there is no git sync involved.