From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] questions/issues after first boot
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:00:22
1 On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 04:19, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2
3 > > 2. I'm getting the same error a million times while
4 > > the boot process is starting the various services:
5 > >
6 > > '/etc/init.d/runscript.sh: 1: command not found'
7 > >
8 > > I also get that same one with '2:' instead of '1:' a
9 > > bunch of times.
10 >
11 > I think that this is a cosmetic error that is fixed in more recent
12 > versions of baselayout, but Azarah (Martin Schlemmer) would know more
13 > about this than I.
16 You will basically get this if sleep is not accessible. This
17 happens usually when you have /usr on a seperate partition,
18 and your sh-utils is still an old release. Thus, when /usr
19 is not mounted, /etc/init.d/{runscript.sh,halt.sh} cannot find
20 sh-utils.
21
22 To fix this, make sure you have the latest sh-utils installed:
23
24 # emerge =sys-apps/sh-utils-2.0.11-r1
27 Greetings,
31 Martin Schlemmer
32 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
33 Cape Town, South Africa