From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Netscape Packages
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:29:21
1 to quote yourself:
4 The only problem is the installer. It's evil. There's really no way to
5 work around it though.
6 about the only thing you can pull out and install manually (non-gui) is
7 the JRE.
8
9 -- yes. I read the whole thread. --
10
11 //Spider
14 begin quote
15 On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:25:37 -0700
16 antitux@××××××××.com (John Dee) wrote:
17
18 > read the whole thread.
19 >
20 > Spider wrote:
21 > > the main reason I see against it is that for all that I see there's
22 > > no way around the cute graphical installer. And, because of that its
23 > > unlikely that you'll ever get it to work without user intervention.
24 > >
25 > > one could of course make it download the individual files, modify
26 > > the ini' and instruct the user to run the installer themselves.
29 > > //Spider
32 > > begin quote
33 > > On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:32:59 -0700