From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A new security dev: Matt Drew (aetius)
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:09:18
1 Please give the usual warm welcome to Matt "aetius" Drew. Matt pings us
2 from Durham, North Carolina, USA. He says he lacks the skills that make
3 someone a software engineer as opposed to a programmer. Well I hope he
4 has never looked at Portage code.
5
6 Insert random quotes:
7 "My best area of expertise is networking and firewalls - that's what I
8 do at my job, along with security infrastructure like patching,
9 maintaining software, and setting/enforcing security policy."
10
11 "I also did some pre-production testing on ia64, so I've suffered
12 through many strange elilo problems and used to know my way around EFI
13 (I've tried hard to forget it)."
14
15 "I'm married and I have a 12-year-old adopted son. My wife has a Marine
16 Science PhD and is currently working at NCSU with the BaSIC project
17 trying to map out species lifecyles and movements in eastern North
18 Carolina."
19
20 "My hobbies include guitar, computer gaming, board/role-playing games,
21 political and social science, throwing my vote away on the Libertarian
22 party, and encoding my old VHS tapes to digital media."
23
24 Let's give him the usual welcome.
25
26 Regards,