From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A new security dev: Matt Drew (aetius)
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 04:22:35
1 Welcome Matt :)
2
3 On 3/1/07, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
4 > Please give the usual warm welcome to Matt "aetius" Drew. Matt pings us
5 > from Durham, North Carolina, USA. He says he lacks the skills that make
6 > someone a software engineer as opposed to a programmer. Well I hope he
7 > has never looked at Portage code.
8 >
9 > Insert random quotes:
10 > "My best area of expertise is networking and firewalls - that's what I
11 > do at my job, along with security infrastructure like patching,
12 > maintaining software, and setting/enforcing security policy."
13 >
14 > "I also did some pre-production testing on ia64, so I've suffered
15 > through many strange elilo problems and used to know my way around EFI
16 > (I've tried hard to forget it)."
17 >
18 > "I'm married and I have a 12-year-old adopted son. My wife has a Marine
19 > Science PhD and is currently working at NCSU with the BaSIC project
20 > trying to map out species lifecyles and movements in eastern North
21 > Carolina."
22 >
23 > "My hobbies include guitar, computer gaming, board/role-playing games,
24 > political and social science, throwing my vote away on the Libertarian
25 > party, and encoding my old VHS tapes to digital media."
26 >
27 > Let's give him the usual welcome.
28 >
29 > Regards,