From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: improve file system mounting and unmounting in OpenRC
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:14:27
1 On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 08:45:30PM +0300, Diamond wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:26:10 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > - Currently, we have to skip over certain file systems that we can't
6 > > unmount during shutdown. With the new approach, if the mount script
7 > > mounts a file system during boot, it will be able to unmount the
8 > > same filesystem during shutdown, so that will eliminate more
9 > > complexity in our mount/unmount handling.
10 >
11 > What about unmounting during shutdown of things which were mounted by
12 > autofs for example? Let us suppose I have samba network and I mount
13 > shares automatically using autofs in Windows-like way
14 > (cd /net/10.20.30.40/cool_share) and then I reboot after that. Will be
15 > this share unmounted well on shutdown with new system? :)
16
17 mount-ro isn't going anywhere, so it would end up being remounted
18 read-only as part of the shutdown.
19
20 Again, that is the way it is currently, but that could easily be
21 changed.
22
23 William