From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New ALSA maintainers
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:58:48
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2 >
3 > I have suggested that herd support for the kernelspace side
4 > (alsa-driver) be slowly reduced, by redirecting users who file bugs
5 > against it to reproduce with the in-kernel drivers, and then let kernel
6 > handle the bug resolution. This will remove duplicated maintenance efforts.
9 > Daniel
12 The only crummy thing about this is that the in kernel drivers have
13 NEVER supported my sound card. Not even on 2.6.20. I'm using hda-intel
14 and it just never works. I end up always returning back to alsa-driver.
15 So I don't think that the code bases are the same.
16
17 But I guess this is what I'll have to live with unless I want to step up
18 as an alsa maintainer.
22 Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/