From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:42:14
1 Natanael Copa kirjoitti:
2 > On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 00:35 +0100, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
3 >
4 >> I offer my help to fix DEPEND/RDEPEND split issues which is causing me
5 >> a lot of headaches (along with localizations).
6 >> For reference, please have a look here: http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=105
7 >
8 > I'm another distro builder that uses the Gentoo framework. I can only
9 > agree. I had to roll my own binary package format and after a short
10 > while I had to do the dependencies myself and just ignore RDEPEND since
11 > it was close to useless.
14 http://bugs.gentoo.org
17 > While Gentoo is fantasitc to build stuff, the binary packagement has
18 > some serious issues. It would be really nice if Gentoo could be better
19 > on supporting other binary only package managers.
20 >
21 > -nc
24 Expected as devs rarely use bin pkgs at all and the Portage support is
25 what it is.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri