From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:55:55
1 Natanael and Fabio,
2
3 Petteri Räty a écrit :
4 > Natanael Copa kirjoitti:
5 >>
6 >> I'm another distro builder that uses the Gentoo framework. I can only
7 >> agree. I had to roll my own binary package format and after a short
8 >> while I had to do the dependencies myself and just ignore RDEPEND since
9 >> it was close to useless.
10 >
11 > http://bugs.gentoo.org
12
13 I know that we (in the Gnome Herd) will try to fix things when they are
14 reported and I have no doubt other devs will do so as well.
15
16 But a proper bug report is the way to go if you things to move in any
17 direction.
18
19 > Expected as devs rarely use bin pkgs at all and the Portage support is
20 > what it is.
21
22 +1 on that and if people who use binary pkgs don't tell us what breaks,
23 we won't know.
24
25 Cheers
28 Rémi Cardona