From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using new (masked) qt-x11-3.0.0 ebuild
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:26:50
1 Hi,
2
3 about your CXXFLAGS patch, I'm not so sure I like it. It doesn't cause
4 any problems, but it's not according to the qmake specifications. During
5 compilation of qt -O3 and -O2 is both passed to gcc since the
6 optimization flags are put into another qmake flag. In fact to be really
7 correct, the CXXFLAGS should be parsed and each setting should be
8 assigned to the correct qmake flags (QMAKE_CC, QMAKE_CFLAGS,
9 QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEPS, QMAKE_CFLAGS_WARN_ON, QMAKE_CFLAGS_WARN_OFF,
10 QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE, QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG, QMAKE_CFLAGS_SHLIB and
11 QMAKE_CFLAGS_THREAD). I don't know however if it's worth the effort of
12 parsing the global CXXFLAGS. Another thought also crossed my mind, it
13 might be interesting to subdivide the build setting in make.conf in a
14 similar way and create the global CXXFLAGS out of finer tuning
15 variables. Don't know what you guys think about this, but imho it might
16 be interesting for at least qt and probably for other ebuilds. I think
17 this might be easy to add without creating an incompatible make.conf.
18
19 Yes, the font problems are not due to your doing, but I would definately
20 add the -no-xft switch until trolltech resolves this matter. Using xft
21 everything really looks horrible and imho unusable. This might then
22 again be removed when a next release of qt3 fixes the problem. Also
23 don't forget to update the 45qt-x11-3.0.0 file to use
24 /usr/lib/qt-x11-free-3.0.0 instead of /usr/lib/qt-x11-3.0.0.
25
26 Best regards,
27