From: Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] crap use flags in the profiles
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:18:34
1 On Tue, 2005-30-08 at 21:56 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:45:24 -0400 Olivier Crete <tester@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | And I dont think the QA is worst on x86.. Most herd devs are on x86
5 > | and its their responsability to do their QA.
6 >
7 > QA needs coordination. Otherwise we end up with repeats of the "Gnome
8 > not building on stable x86 for several weeks at a time because the
9 > Gnome and Mozilla herds don't talk to each other" fiasco.
10
11 I could not agree more. Do you want to do the coordination ?
12
13 > | And x86 has many more packages that any other architecture.
14 >
15 > Careful with that... The difference is not so big as you might think,
16 > and when you consider how many people own, say, sparc and compare it
17 > with how many own x86, you might be surprised...
18
19 Well, I would not be surprised at the number of packages that are not
20 use by anyone on sparc or mips or even amd64. But that might have a few
21 x86 users..
24 Olivier CrĂȘte
25 tester@g.o
26 Gentoo Developer