From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About libpng-1.4 handling
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 22:42:00
1 lafilefixer is not the right tool for this. At least it's current scope
2 is to replace usage of la files in la files, not to replace occurences
3 of one lib with another. Plus the problem of lafilefixer not changing
4 the hash of the installed files to match the one recorded in vdb is not
5 solved so I'd rather have clear instructions on how to rebuild the
6 minimum amount of packages if possible.
7
8 I've seen something like emerge -1av $(egrep "libpng12.la" /usr/lib/*.la
9 | qfile --someoption) which just as with xorg/libxcb migration should do
10 just fine.
13 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
14 Gentoo