From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About libpng-1.4 handling
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 06:42:11
1 On 05/11/2010 01:41 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
2 > lafilefixer is not the right tool for this. At least it's current scope
3 > is to replace usage of la files in la files, not to replace occurences
4 > of one lib with another. Plus the problem of lafilefixer not changing
5 > the hash of the installed files to match the one recorded in vdb is not
6 > solved so I'd rather have clear instructions on how to rebuild the
7 > minimum amount of packages if possible.
8 >
9 > I've seen something like emerge -1av $(egrep "libpng12.la" /usr/lib/*.la
10 > | qfile --someoption) which just as with xorg/libxcb migration should do
11 > just fine.
14 Wouldn't this be essentially the same as revdep-rebuild --library?
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri