From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New category for Lua related packages
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 15:11:33
1 On 08:09 Tue 02 Nov , "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 11/2/10 4:24 AM, Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
3 > > I think that a first step should be create a new category, maybe
4 > > called dev-lua, for all the Lua related stuff.
5 >
6 > Just checking: how many packages would be in the new category?
7
8 In case anyone was wondering, I wanted to check how many packages
9 typically showed up in a category. Here's a histogram of the
10 distribution. The number of packages are in column 1, and the number of
11 categories having that many packages are in column 2 (bin size 10,
12 number shown ±5).
13
14 To summarize, half the categories have 10-50 packages, then there are a
15 number of huge ones. If you can get at least 15 packages, it's a
16 reasonable starting point for a new category.
17
18 5 5
19 15 19
20 25 15