From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 07:32:53
1 On 12/02/2016 06:09 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Friday, December 02, 2016 02:10:27 PM Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> Hi, everyone.
4 >>
5 >> I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
6 >> started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
7 >> that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
8 >>
9 >> I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
10 >> What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
11 >>
12 >> Is there anything we could try to integrate with pull requests to get
13 >> a better testing?
14 >
15 > If there's a mostly-turnkey VM I can run to contribute to Tinderboxing, I have
16 > one or two systems I could benefit from some heat from over the winter. It's
17 > that or bring out the electric space heater. Was talking with my wife about
18 > mining Doge on one of them last night...
19 >
20 I second that. I have a hexcore CPU and 16 GB of RAM, most of which I
21 don't use unless I'm compiling. If there's a guide that can get me up
22 and running with a VM within an hour or so, I'd be more than willing to
23 pitch in some cycles.
24
25 mgorny mentioned PRs, however... are such efforts moot if I don't have a
26 GitHub account?
29 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
30 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
31 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6