From: Magnus Granberg <zorry@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 08:03:30
1 fredag 2 december 2016 kl. 23:32:37 CET skrev Daniel Campbell:
2 > On 12/02/2016 06:09 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
3 > > On Friday, December 02, 2016 02:10:27 PM Michał Górny wrote:
4 > >> Hi, everyone.
5 > >>
6 > >> I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
7 > >> started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
8 > >> that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
9 > >>
10 > >> I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
11 > >> What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
12 > >>
13 > >> Is there anything we could try to integrate with pull requests to get
14 > >> a better testing?
15 > >
16 > > If there's a mostly-turnkey VM I can run to contribute to Tinderboxing, I
17 > > have one or two systems I could benefit from some heat from over the
18 > > winter. It's that or bring out the electric space heater. Was talking
19 > > with my wife about mining Doge on one of them last night...
20 >
21 > I second that. I have a hexcore CPU and 16 GB of RAM, most of which I
22 > don't use unless I'm compiling. If there's a guide that can get me up
23 > and running with a VM within an hour or so, I'd be more than willing to
24 > pitch in some cycles.
25 >
26 > mgorny mentioned PRs, however... are such efforts moot if I don't have a
27 > GitHub account?
28 I run tinderbox-cluster [1] with 4-7 WM's but it have been down for some time
29 now. The web frontend need alot of work. It still miss bugreporting and build
30 requests and the grafic need work to. It use django.
31 /Magnus
32
33 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Tinderbox-cluster