From: Markus Nigbur <pyrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using one portage tree for development and portage itself
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:24:06
1 * Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> [04/10/19 21:44 -0700]:
2 > Work however it's easiest for you.
3
4 Just reread the above quotation.
5
6 On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 07:18 +0200, Lars Weiler wrote:
7 > What about
8 > SYNC="cvs://youraccount@××××××××××.org:/var/cvsroot" ? Is
9 > it still supported by portage?
10 >
11 > I used it a while long ago, but at that time our CVS-Server
12 > was too slow for a complete, regulary update. So I also
13 > dropped into the three-tree solution.
14
15 Syncing from cvs is a very confident way, but you all can imagine what
16 would happen, if all developers started doing it.
17
18 IMHO the three-tree solution is the only correct way of qualitative
19 development, especially since portage supports multiple overlays.
22 (o_ Markus Nigbur
23 //\ Gentoo Linux Developer
24 [ ]/_ http://www.gentoo.org