From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] using one portage tree for development and portage itself
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 05:19:06
1 * Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> [04/10/19 21:44 -0700]:
2 > On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 23:39 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > I currently have two copies of the portage tree on my
4 > > system.
5 > >
6 > > The one that portage itself uses is at /usr/portage, but
7 > > I have a second copy at /usr/gentoo-x86 which is the one
8 > > that is checked out of cvs.
9 > >
10 > > Is this the way I should be working, or is there a way
11 > > to use one copy of the portage tree for both development
12 > > and portage itself?
13 >
14 > Work however it's easiest for you.
15
16 What about
17 SYNC="cvs://youraccount@××××××××××.org:/var/cvsroot" ? Is
18 it still supported by portage?
19
20 I used it a while long ago, but at that time our CVS-Server
21 was too slow for a complete, regulary update. So I also
22 dropped into the three-tree solution.
23
24 Regards, Lars